Pop-Up Mentoring Program
The Pop-Up Mentor Program matches professional women with BePolished girls in one-to-one relationships for the academic year. Through these relationships, as well as BePolished programs, our matches share friendship, support, and fun. Mentors and mentees communicate bi-weekly. Both mentors and mentees make a commitment to spend time together throughout the academic year. They can participate in activities that they both enjoy. The mentors are not private tutors, although sometimes pairs decide to work on homework together. BePolished plans programming activities bimonthly that are open to all participants. BePolished is also available at all times to answer questions, offer support and help matches work through challenges that may arise.
Recruitment of Mentors and Mentees
Mentors complete a written volunteer application, including three references. They participate in a one-on-one interview with the founders of BePolished, at which time they learn about the program in detail, and we get to know them and their background. Mentees complete a participation agreement, which includes a parent/guardian consent form.
The founders of BePolished match mentors and mentees based on shared interests and personality. We believe in organic mentoring. Organic mentoring is just what the name implies – mentoring that is natural. Organic mentoring isn’t another thing on your to-do list. But, is a very natural and valued relationship that ends up covering all topics. Unfortunately, we are not always able to match everyone in our program. This happens for many reasons, but the most common is an uneven number of mentors and mentees.
Expectation of Mentors
- Communicate biweekly with mentee via text, phone, e-mail, or FaceTime
- Serve as a volunteer during (at least 75% of) BePolished Sessions to allow opportunities to interact with mentee within our program (BePolished Sessions occur at least 2 Saturdays a month)
- Commit to participating in 2-3 BePolished Pop-Up Mentoring Activities during the academic year
- Report any incidents, issues, or concerns regarding the mentee to BePolished Founders
- Seek permission from BePolished founder and parents of mentee regarding any outside activities
Sign Up With the Volunteer Form Here.
More ways to help:Donate FundsIn Kind DonationsFundraiseVolunteerSpread the Word